Sunday, July 02, 2006

New Knitpics yarn, and a felting project

What to do with all this Knitpicks yarn?
I went crazy buying a bunch of Wool of the Andes a while back, and while it is a good basic yarn and crazy cheap, I was at a little bit of a loss regarding what to make with it. Plus I had bought all these random colors . . . I'm not really sure what I was thinking. So, I'm attempting to make some felted placemats with it. We'll see how it goes. Here are the two and 1/4 that I have done, pre-felting. They are just plain stockinette, so it's nice and mindless. I actually worked on the first one while watching "X-Men: The Last Stand" in the theatre. I can knit in the dark!



To make matters worse, Knitpicks was having a big sale and I bought a bunch of "Dancing", their cotton/wool/elastic blend sock yarn. I thought I could make some socks for Henry, as well as for the daughters of some friends and coworkers. That sounds fun, right? The yarn is actually great, super pretty in real life and ver soft and stretchy. Hopefully I will follow through with making the socks and it will not become part of my increasingly embarrassing unused yarn collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home