Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Setting goals

It's been hot, but I've been happily knitting away on air-conditioned el cars, and in other people's air-conditioned apartments. My apartment? I can barely remember what it looks like. I stop by every once in a while to check on the cat and sleep. The heat is supposed to break tonight (fingers crossed).

I'm working on some autumn birthday presents. My mother, father, and brother all have birthdays in late October, so I'm thinking ahead for once. I'm currently working on an undisclosed something for my mother, about which I will say this: it's made out of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport in the "Irving Park" colorway, and it is awesome. Owen has requested Hello Yarn's Cycling Aran, only "without all that fancy stuff on the front", so, although it's kind of killing me, I'm going to just do a plain ribbed front. I think it will work out okay, because his chest measurements are just a little bigger than what the sweater is designed to fit as it is. I'm thinking of using the new KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Bulky for this . . . we will see. My goal is to be finished with Mom's gift in two weeks and ready to start on his sweater.

Other projects in the wings: socks for my coworker's daughter, who just turned one, my felted placemats, and what was going to be a Tubey for me but may now need to become something else. Oh, I'm also trying to see if I can come up with a sort of manly version of Clapotis--at least manly enough for an international electro-pop superstar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home