Friday, August 04, 2006

Knitting near smokers

So, I was working on Mom's secret present last night at Marcos and Chance's while watching Project Runway (best reality show ever, at least of the three that I've seen [the other two being American Idol on YouTube and Temptation Island back when I still watched TV in my own house]). Marcos's parents are visiting from Brazil, so I got to meet them for the first time, which was cool. His mom doesn't really speak English but she fussed over my knitting. I was really exciting to crash in front of the TV and knit while hoping to see Angela ousted, but I didn't take into consideration that a) Drew would be there smoking a stogie, and b) Marcos's parents had brought with them a case of some really, really strong Brazilian cigarettes, for Marcos and for themselves. The apartment became a very smoky place.

This morning my knitting gave off the distinct smell of cigar, with just a touch of Brazilian cigarette smoke. It seems to be airing out okay, but thank goodness this yarn is washable! My mother is more sensitive to smoke than anyone I know.

Loopy Yarns is having some big crazy sale event next Friday, and I think Jessica and I will go. I'll have very little money to spend there, but it's right by my office and I think they're doing a little wine and cheesy type thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home