Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Boring knitting.

The legwarmers.

I've been desperately needing these, because I like to wear skirts & tights in the winter. My first winter after I got rid of my car I had to use some creative measures (e.g., wearing fleece pajama pants under my skirt) to survive the walk from the train station to my office. The great thing about public transportation in Chicago is that, no matter what I am wearing to keep warm, someone is guaranteed to look more insane than I do.

Anyway, they're just stockinette knit tubes, not particularly exciting knitting. But here they are:
(Knitpicks Wool of the Andes - Black Cherry Heather).

Speaking of not-exciting knitting, I also made myself a scarf:

(Knitpicks Swish Superwash, Truffle and Baby Blue).

It's a stupidly simple garter-stitch scarf with two colors held together. I have gotten more compliments on it than, like, anything else I have ever knitted. There is hat to match, which I have already lost twice.

More to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home