Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Magic

Look! It's a loop! It's magic!
So, I attempted the magic loop method of knitting socks. I actually took one of the baby socks I was knitting, but it on a 32 inch circular needle, and futzed with it until I figured it out. (I got my KnitPicks Options needle set, and it is really really great. I also order some circs in small sizes expressely for sock knitting. The cables are really soft and flexible, more so even than Addi Turbos, I think). I'm not one of those that hates dpns--I like working with them fine, and they're quite useful--but it was nice to have a different way to knit socks. Just for variety.
These socks are done now, actually. Will post pictures soon.
Okay! I've started Owen's birthday sweater. I actually have much much more of it done, because this weekend I went to see both Snakes on a Plane and Idlewild. Learning to knit in the dark was the smartest thing I ever did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home