Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Finish something, already!

I have way too many projects on needles right now. See:

1. Mom's secret birthday present.
2. Those (to be) felted WOTA placements.
3. Socks for AM's daughter (Happy Birthday, Mariah!).
4. A felted bag (see pic) based on the Satchel pattern of the men's stuff issue of Knitty. See, a while ago I made a satchel for Marcos. The pattern calls for two strands of worsted yarn held together, but I made his out of bulky-weight Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. We chose some pretty awesome colors: two shades of orange and a bronze. The bag came out great--weird and extra fuzzy because that's just how Lamb's Pride is. Marcos says he gets compliments on it everywhere he goes. (I lost my pics of it when my old computer died). At the same time, Jessica made a bag from the same pattern for Chance. She used doubled-up WOTA, and I think it felted better than mine did, although it didn't have the same exuberant fuzziness, and Chance's color choices were a little conservative for me. So, I've been on this quest to use up yarn, and I still have a *lot* of WOTA, so I decided to make a felted satchel for myself. I'm using a stand of green yarn and a strand of blue, and I'm very curious to see how it looks once it felts.

I also have once project now off the needles--Tubey. My father gave me Cherry Tree Hill's Silken Mohair for Christmas, and it is fancy--so fancy, really, that I don't know what do with it. I started Tubey, but I'm just not feeling it, and it's been sitting and kinking up for some months now. So I frogged it, and I'm going to try to remove the kinks by bathing it and hanging it up to dry. Then I have to figure out what do with this awesome yarn. A sweater, of some sort. Not clapotis, because you can have too much of a good thing.

In other news, I love Pandora.com. It's playing The Polyphonice Spree for me right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

It's worsted weight wool/mohair/silk. i'm now thinking maybe a cardigan . . . I do wear cardigans a lot.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home