Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Borrowed from The 21st Century Hostess

Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps.

Does Father Christmas wrap presents or just set them under the tree? I think the elves do the wrapping.

Coloured lights on tree/house or white? White.

Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

When do you put up your decorations? I don't do decorations per se. This year the silver tinsel Christmas tree went up around about December 14th.

What's your favourite Christmas dish? Cranberry sauce.



Favourite Christmas memory as a child? Mass insanity at my grandma's house.

When and how did you learn the truth about Father Christmas? When I was about five or six years old I decided that I needed to know whether or not Santa Claus was real. My concern was that I would grow up and have a family and not know whether or not I was responsible for buying the presents. I told my mother that I needed to have this information right away.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I used to, but my little brother has become a Christmas morning purist.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It's silver tinsel, it needs no further embellishement.

Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it!

Can you ice skate? Nope.

Do you remember your favourite gift? When my father bought me "The Low End Theory" by Tribe Called Quest. He didn't realize it was hip-hop. He was quite appalled.

What's the most important thing about Christmas for you? Buying/making presents, although it stresses me out sometimes.

What's your favourite Christmas dessert? My mother's german chocolate cake.

What's your favourite Christmas tradition? Taking a break from opening presents to make breakfast/Owen and I putting bows on our heads (definate have to pass that one on to Henry).

What tops your tree? Nothing.

Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I love giving presents, but I really, really like getting them too.

What's your favourite Christmas song? I don't really have one, but "Please, Daddy, Don't Get Drunk This Christmas" by John Denver is my least favorite.

Candy canes? Mmmm pepperminty!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your story about learning about Santa is too cute!!

That John Denver song...wow. Never heard of that one. Wonder why it's not hugely popular.

3:25 PM  
Blogger LB said...

It's awful! And my mother loves her some John Denver. Every year I beg her not to play it, and she plays it anyway. And signs along.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home