Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Xmas!

I am posting from my mother's house in lovely Champaign-Urbana, Illinois. We did a fake Christmas morning on Saturday, while my brother and family were here, and for the past couple of days we've been watching movies non-stop. Yesterday's marathon was Good Night, and Good Luck, followed by In Her Shoes (better than I thought), followed by Gosford Park, which I have seen like 400 times and only gets better and better. While movie watching I've made 2 Ballband Dishclothes and started a garter-stitch scarf. I've also made an attempt at making the no-knead bread recipe, which turned out . . . okay. Good, but a bit flat. I think it was a bit cold in the house when I left it to rise overnight. I'll certainly be trying it again, in my apartment which is always like 98.6 degrees in the kitchen.

So, pictures to come when I get home, including a shot of Clapotis #3 (aka my mother's birthday present.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

About the bread, did you make sure to use Instant Yeast? Apparently it is different than normal yeast (I don't know I just read this online). The package has to actually say "instant yeast" on it. I know they sell this at Devon Market in the ethnic foods section, that's where I got it. Although I think a chillier than normal room could be the culprit too.

Glad to hear you had a merry Christmas! I will see you back in Chicago soon.

11:09 PM  
Blogger LB said...

Oh, I bet that was the problem. I'm going to have to see if I can find that!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home