Friday, December 29, 2006

Clapotis #3, stashing

Here it is! I made this third clapotis months ago, to give to my mother for her birthday in October:

(Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport, Irving Park Colorway).

And here she is showing it off:



I've been going nuts with the Ballband Dishclothes. I'm about to complete #5, pics to follow.

Last night I (finally) started straightening the apartment in preparation for houseguests and the traditional big New Year's Day brunch at my place. It became clear that I was not going to be able to do anything until I attacked the unruly yarn stash. (It started out occupying on dresser, then grew to fill a couple of boxes and bags as well). So I did it. I wish I had taken before and after pics, because it was scary. But I threw away some truly impossibly tangled stuff. Then I bagged up some of the crappier acrylic stuff for donation purposes (it will go to the Brown Elephant, renamed The Old Miseries Charity Shoppe by Robert). The rest of the stash is now organized in one 4-drawer dresser, one cardboard box, one knitting basket, and two plastic storage bins. I feel pretty good about it.

Speaking of stashes, I've been seriously considering this: Knit From Your Stash 2007. I don't have as crazy a stash as some, and I tend toward the bargain yarns (hence the Knitpicks). But for a poor social worker/student, my yarn habit is a bit out of control.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks great!

I am at the point of destashing too. I figure by the time I am done with that I'll have a better job and more money to buy yarn with, ha.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home